الثلاثاء، 1 يوليو 2008

Why do we love Brand Names ?

LV, GUCCI, Armani, DOLCE&GABBANA, BALLY, MOSCHINO, GIMMY CHOO, JUICY COUTURE, GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI, Christian Louboutin, DKNY, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, and Guess. We can't get enough of brand names. We are a material obsessed society , and associate who we are with the things we wear.
How did all this nonsense start?
Branding
Many people say that the "branding" of fashion always existed. Wearing the latest fashion designs from Milan or Paris was always a sign of culture and riches. But today, people don't wear "the latest trends", they wear shirts with big logos on the front and claim to be in on the latest fashion trend. Wearing a visible logo is not a sign of fashion sense. A person develops fashion refinement by experimenting with different styles, adapting a style that is elegant and reflecting their personality.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing a T-Shirt that has "Calvin Klein" written on the front of it. Just don't think that it warrants a boastful, "I dress well" or "I dress fashionably". Wearing visible brands, is like men sending women flowers after they've done something wrong. In the same way that a men choose flowers over apologies, people choose brand names over stylish looking clothes that would make them look good. In fact, the finest designs from the big names don't have any logos declaring who they're made by. With the exception of Italian brands, most other "brand names" are made in Asia.

We love brand name because it is the easy way out. Having a logo on our clothes tells people "I know what I'm doing" and "My clothes are expensive." This is the wrong mentality to have. If you want to look good, buy clothes made with fine fabrics, buy things that are stylish yet subdued, buy something that makes you look great, and make sure that the logo is hidden inside the collar.

هناك 6 تعليقات:

Qa6Wa يقول...

1-draws attention
2-sexy
D;

BrandsQ8 يقول...

Blasha

this is ur opinion

I toke one hour to understand wht u meant :P

Q80-ChillGirl يقول...

I loooooove your post! it is EXACTLY what I was saying to my sister the other day when I bought a bag worth a few hundred KDs that was not from a well known brand name but the leather is amazing, design is very hip "the weaved leather style", the size is perfect for me and it has two outside pockets that i can keep my mobile and short note in them and access them without the need to open the whole bag! therefore to me its worth it

and the discussion about if not the brand name is OBVIOUS and out there is the item worth it or not

the last paragraph phrased every thing i want to say in that regard, i dont buy a piece because it was made by this or that brand! but if it is worth it, affordable to my pocket and looks good :D

i now understand ur nickname and have a nice idea about ur thoughts in that regard :D

welcome to the blog-o-sphere

two more posts you will qualify to apply in Safat, I would love to see ur latest posts in a place I visit daily

:D

BrandsQ8 يقول...

WELCOME WELCOME Q80-Chill girl..

Your right, if its good leather that its soft and unique why shall I go for one that coast more 100 times and its the same description.

and I thank u for visiting my page, and understanding my views.

more to come.
Enshallah i will apply to Safat.

KWT23 يقول...

interesting post....so true...i hope u post about sports shoes!

BrandsQ8 يقول...

Kwt23

Thanks man.

enshallah I will soon.